Since the February 9, 2012 NAV CANADA airspace redesign, the following new communities have indicated noise impacts as a result of these changes directly affecting communities living under Runway 24 L/R approach path:
– Bennington Heights, Forest Hill, Moore Park, North/South Leaside (Brentcliffe/Eglinton, Bayview/Parkhurst), Parkdale-High Park, Wells Hill (near Bathurst/St. Clair), Wychwood.
Note: Davisville Village has always been impacted (before Feb. 9, 2012), but now much worse, like other communities noted on this page.
This residents’ organisation is growing in response to the unjust noise brought on by growth in Pearson airport business and NAV CANADA’s decision to concentrate traffic over our neighbourhoods at all hours of the day and night, causing us great concerns for health and property enjoyment. We need more ratepayer associations and residents taking an active part in protecting Toronto resident’s health, property enjoyment, and neighbourhood enjoyment, against the noise now conveyed upon us by NAV CANADA, without resident or elected representative consultation. This has been a repeat pattern of NAV CANADA in British Columbia for Richmond/Surrey B.C. in 2007.
Focus: Our initial focus for awareness covers residents in the following ratepayer groups:
- Bedford Park Rate Payers Association
- Lawrence Park Rate Payers Association – LPRA
- Sherwood Park Residents’ Association – SPRA
- South Eglinton Residents’ and Ratepayers’ Association – SERRA
- Teddington Park Residents’ Association
- York Mills Rate Ratepayers’ Association
Update: The following ratepayer groups have been added to the areas of resident concerns
- Avenue Road and Eglinton Community Association – ARECA
- Eglinton Park Residents’ Association – EPRA
- High Park Residents’ Association – HPRA
- Leaside Property Owners’ Association – LPOA
- Moore Park Residents’ Association – MPRA
- Oriole Park Association – OPA
- South Hill District Home Owners’ Association
Please send all posts to this site. The posts will be reviewed and the writer will be contacted to seek permission to include interested persons on a distribution list, soley for the purpose of communicating aviation noise issue affecting our neighbourhoods.
Alternatively, you may write directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping out: email@example.com
* canvassing, flyer distribution, campaigning residents’/neighbours’ awareness for this issue
Thank you for your support.