Who are we?
An assembly of residents from different mid-town Toronto communities, some with involvement in rate payer associations, that have been negatively affected by a concentrated flight path over our homes and neighbourhoods, brought on by NAV CANADA, without proper consultation with affected communities or their elected representatives.
What do we want?
A fair and equitable distribution of Pearson airport arrivals traffic over mid-town Toronto that works with NAV CANADA design standards and safety practices, and achieves maximum noise mitigation with improved approach design to achieve that mitigation.
February 9, 2012 – NAV CANADA redesigned the Windsor-Toronto-Montreal air routes above 10,000′ ASL. In concert with that change, the Toronto approach corridor for runways 24L/R (below 6000′ ASL) was concentrated and relocated 1.8km south of the original path to address ICAO design recommendations for the arrivals approach path, and improve safety.
Who represents us politically?
- M.P. John Carmichael (Don Valley West) has championed our concerns over the past 2 years with Minister of Transport Lisa Raitt as well as to NAV CANADA.
- M.P. Carolyn Bennett has raised the issue with Minister Raitt as well as written to previous Ministers of Transport.
- Premier Wynne has written Minister of Transport Lisa Raitt expressing her concerns over the impacts to Toronto residents.
- Local Toronto councillors for affected wards have been engaged to varying degrees, with Councillor Josh Matlow raising motions at Toronto City Hall asking the City Manager to request NAV CANADA review the new design and seek alternatives to lessen the impact.
Through M.P. John Carmichael, we are asking Minister of Transport Lisa Raitt to engage with NAV CANADA to resolve this situation caused by the runway 24 L/R approach redesign.
- TANG Briefing Notes Media Version
- Microsoft PowerPoint – TANG JUNE-2014 PPT REV-11
- TANG – communication points
T.A.N.G. submission to Lisa Raitt – Minister of Transport => please see drop-down under “ABOUT US/LISA RAITT – Minister of Transport“
Our Name: Previously, this blog was referred to as North Toronto Aviation Noise. Since late 2012, the T.A.N.G. residents group has formed, known as “Toronto Aviation Noise Group”.
This residents’ organisation is growing in response to the unjust noise brought on by growth in Pearson airport business and NAV CANADA’s decision to concentrate traffic over our neighbourhoods at all hours of the day and night, causing us great concerns for health and property enjoyment. We need more ratepayer associations and residents taking an active part in protecting Toronto resident’s health, property enjoyment, and neighbourhood enjoyment, against the noise now conveyed upon us by NAV CANADA, without resident or elected representative consultation. This has been a repeat pattern of NAV CANADA in British Columbia for Richmond/Surrey B.C. in 2007.
Please send all posts to this site. The posts will be reviewed and the writer will be contacted to seek permission to include interested persons on a distribution list, soley for the purpose of communicating aviation noise issue affecting our neighbourhoods.
Alternatively, you may write directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping out: email@example.com
* canvassing, flyer distribution, campaigning residents’/neighbours’ awareness for this issue
Thank you for your support.